Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

"Side Effects"


Keyboard letters came so easily to me when I typed. Typing is a sign of the worlds privileged in itself, I suppose. It just come so naturally to ...us. 

I remember sitting on our ragged couch in Togo with Ro’s cousin showing him the magical way a key pressed on one surface will make a little black letter appear on another surface.

Reminded of this now as I type, I realize that I took this ability for granted, my fingers searching for the letters they don’t always find.

The chemo has been going well. I am bright most days. I am doing well at my course, keeping ahead. 

I am also currently hunched over my laptop in pain, typing slowly with slow fingers that spend their days tingling, and about to go to bed at 8.15pm, exhausted.

I’m humbled that you would read my little black dots on a screen.

Good night,

B

No comments: