Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

December 12, 2012 | Rainy Skies and Beautiful People

Hello!

Well, we're back in grey Seattle. Still with the coolest gang of people in the world - James by my side, my mum and her boyfriend Guy, the cutest couple ever (Well...second to James and I of course).

Today we are finding out the pathology report (eek!) and having my cool, rockstar staples removed. What we find out in the next few hours will determine the course of action we'll take in life over the next few years - perhaps longer.

There is a possibility that things may be able to remain as normal ("normal" is a funny word right now), and there is also a possibility we may have to move to New Zealand, depending on treatment options. After we've chatted about it with the doc and each other, I'll let you know.

I've been feeling better every day. Still waking with awful headaches and my brain is still making funny noises and moving (it's creepy) but to be honest, I'm enjoying being bald. It's fortunate I've always enjoyed social experiments and pushing aesthetic boundaries.

We were in a sweet little French restaurant last night and a thin, blonde, heavily made-up waitress was staring at my head for a lot of the meal. I felt a little shaken, but smiled anyway. None of that stuff seems to matter anymore, as I truly have experienced the very best of humanity throughout all this, and have never so much believed in it.

As a friend said last night, in a way this has been a reminder of all the love that's out there, and it's just a shame it takes something like this to bring it out. But I don't really think it's a shame. I know both love and pain at a much deeper level now and will always be grateful for it.

We've had so many questions we've struggled to articulate,  and any answers we have been able to find have been typically vague. We'll make sure to bombard them with questions today.

I can't help wondering what went with the part of my brain they took out - I've joked with James it was 'urgency' as I've been rather slow lately, but I'm sure it's just circumstantial. Life just seems to slow down after something like this. I'm floating around like a ghost.

I guess we all need reminders to slow down... and trust that life will all work out. This was a pretty effective one. I've been so lucky to have people to trust and lean on during this time, allowing me to float slowly in this mist I find myself in. They've been wonderful.

Alright, we're off, back to the hospital. See you later! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a very beautiful head Bethany!